Friday 29 October 2021

Distress Technique Key Holder

Hello  my dear lovely crafty friends. Welcome back to my blog. 


A very warm good evening to you all. Hope everyone is good. 


Welcome back to My Time To Craft Challenge and this fortnight our theme is NEW HOME. 


I have created an Key holder using wood distressing technique. 


This is one of my favourite technique and very simple but very elegant. First I gave a black chalk paint on the base and let it to dry. Once it dry, I gave a coat of woodwax and let to dry. After drying I used 2 colors of chalk paints and applied it on using flat brush and shading technique. Let it dry. Now I took sand paper and started to rub on it in one direction. Now it did insta transfer on it and gave 2 coats of glossy varnish and added hooks and corktape to attach important papers. I made this for a customer for there new home.

Hope you like it. Please do leave me feedback so that I can improve myself more. 

Happy Crafting and Stay Safe 


Handmade by 

Meenaa Gauthami Herale 

A Bedridden Artist 

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful keyboard Meena - love the colours and how you sanded back some of it to show the black undercoat.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete